Journal Articles on the Bridge Model
- “The Social Work Role in Reducing 30-Day Readmissions: The Effectiveness of the Bridge Model of Transitional Care,” published in the Journal of Gerontological Social Work, featured in the Special Section on Health Care Reform and Gerontological Social Work Practice, June 2016.
- “Analysis of a Social Work–Based Model of Transitional Care to Reduce Hospital Readmissions: Preliminary Data,” published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society , May 2016.
- “Integrating Care Across Settings: The Illinois Transitional Care Consortium’s Bridge Model”, published in Generations, the Journal of the American Society on Aging, 2012
- “Effects of an Enhanced Discharge Planning Intervention for Hospitalized Older Adults: A Randomized Control Trial” published in the Gerontologist, 2012
- “Social Work and Transitions of Care: Observations from an Intervention for Older Adults” published in the Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 2011
(Note that these links may require a login or access to a database system.)
BMNO members have been invited to present and lead sessions at a variety of conferences and events.
- “Quality Improvement in Transitional Care Within the Bridge Model,” American Society on Aging Aging in American Conference, March 2014
- “Bridge Model for Care Transitions,” Long-Term Quality Alliance Annual Meeting, December 2013
- “Bridge Model and the Community-based Care Transitions Program,” National Transitions of Care Summit, December 2013
- “Implementing the Bridge Model to Reduce Readmissions at a Major Medical Center,” California Readmissions Summit, October 2013
- “Innovation & Transformation in Transitional Care: ‘Bridge Model’, ” Health Industry Council of North Texas Transitions of Care Conference, September 2013
*To request BMNO to present at an upcoming event, please contact us at email@example.com.